Have you ever read through Proverbs and wished that the gems of wisdom were placed into groups by subject. Well that is what Gus Dallas did with ‘Proverbs “Reconstructed”. He placed each topic into a group just for that topic and then he arranged each group alphabetically. So if you want to know what Proverbs has to share/warn/encourage/exhort/instruct on any given topic, all you have to do is run down the list of topics until you find that specific one and there you have it all laid out for you. He even divided the scriptures into ‘good’ and ‘bad’ groupings. So if you want to know what God sees as good on a topic go to the ‘good’ group. If you want to know what HE sees as evil, go to the ‘bad’ group. Very easy.
I liked the layout and organization of the book. I like his opening and closing remarks too. The book is handy for personal Bible study and could be just as handy for preparing a sermon, Sunday school lesson, or group Bible study.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone wanting a clear, organized way of learning the specific lessons given in Proverbs. It would also make a nice gift.
Other Reviews of Proverbs “Reconstructed”
- [Re]connected: [Re]view: Proverbs Reconstructed
- Oh The Places You’ll Go………: Book Review: “Proverbs Reconstructed”
- the Watered soul: Proverbs Reconstructed
- Adventures in Mama-Land: Book Review: Proverbs “Reconstructed”
- Curly By Nature: Review: Proverbs Reconstructed
- Brandon Kraft: Proverbs Reconstructed (Book Review)
- Cherie Hill Blog: Proverbs “Reconstructed”