‘Simple secrets to a happy life: 50 ways to make the most of every day’ is a look at what Luci Swindoll believes to be fifty practices or action phrases that she has incorporated into her life that has made her a happy person and will make others happy if they do the same. It gives you a candid look at her life with short examples of how and why she has incorporated each action phrase or practice. Each chapter on average is about five pages long. There were 172 pages broken down into fifty chapters. Each chapter fell within one of five categories or sections as Luci called them in the digital version I read.
The book has some very practical advice and the style of writing is easy to read and follow. In reading the book I get the impression that Luci is the Proverbs 31 woman minus the husband and children. Although the advice is simple and straightforward and few could argue that each idea presented should be a part of their lives, I would suggest reading through the book more than one time. Read it all the way through, then go back and check off the principles that you are already doing. Next prayerfully seek which of the remaining action phrases God would have you work on incorporating into your life first. Keep referring back to it and prayerfully seeking God’s wisdom until each principle is a practical part of your day-to-day routine. It could well be a work that takes some of us the rest of our lives to do.
Other Reviews of Simple Secrets To A Happy Life
- Miller Family Notes: Simple Secrets To A Happy Life
- The View from the Pew: Simple Secrets To A Happy Life
- Project Paperie: Simple Secrets To A Happy Life
- Rena’s Pink Roses: Book Reviews: Simple Secrets To A Happy Life
- Jodi’s Book Reviews: Simple Secrets To A Happy Life
- Sheri’s World: Simple Secrets to a Happy Life
- Fabulous Finds: Review of Simple Secrets to a Happy Life